Friday, June 7, 2013

A Relaxing and Reclining Kind of Birthday!

Good morning, everyone!

I bet you can't believe that I'm still making and posting cards to the blog!  But, I am!  In fact, we are camping right now, and I can't wait to get home so I can do some more!

Another card ordered by a friend for a masculine birthday.  These are always so difficult but with this new stamp set from PTI, it has made it easy!  I think this is the 3rd or 4th masculine birthday card that I have made using it.


Happy Birthday!

I absolutely loved the blues and greens for the color challenge for this card.  Since I only used the dies to cut out the recliner, I added a some paper piercing around the edge to give it some depth.

For the outside, the die cut "birthday" was done in the same patterned paper as the recliner to tie it all together!


 My inspiration for this card came from 3 different challenges.  The paper piercing idea came from SCS's CAS Challenge - Tool Time. The sketch and colors used came from Freshly Made's #89 Challenge and ColourQ's #192 Challenge.





Thanks for visiting, today!


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Polka Dot Parade #3 stamp set & dies
Wonderful Words: Birthday stamp set and dies (inside sentiment)
Authentique patterned paper - Collection: Loyal
Soft Stone and Smokey Shadow ink
Stamper's Select White cardstock
MFT cardstock - Steel Gray
MFT - Fishtail Flag Stax dies
MFT - Fishtail Flags Layers Stax dies
The Twinery twine





8 comments:

Jingle said...

This is super cute!

LeAnne said...

This is sooooo cute! I have not seen this stamp & die set...absolutely adorable! Thanks for playing with the CQC colors this week!

Jen Carter said...

This is so cute Stephanie! Love the chair!

Linda Suarez said...

Great masculine card! I love that recliner! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Kara said...

So cute...love the recliner!! Thank you for sharing with us this week at the ColourQ!

Rita said...

I just love the recliner! Great combination of the challenges. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Kelly S. said...

Such a fun masculine birthday card, Stephanie! Love the way you incorporated those colors into the chair "upholstery" :) The sentiment makes ME want to take the day off, hee!

Sylvia said...

What a fun card Stephanie, love your design and how you used the colors! thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...